99 Things to do before you die
1. Set something on fire. Preferably something large. Or even better, something you don’t like.
2. Carry everything you need to survive on your back. Living for a week on the bare essentials really makes you realize how little of your day-to-day life is all that important.
3. Stop pretending to like reggae. It’s okay, no one actually does.
4. Move somewhere all alone. Just to see if you can.
5. Have a one night stand. Do I even need to explain why?
6. Hit someone who deserves it.
7. Get over your last break up.
8. Get a little to close to a wild animal. Maybe even fight it.
9. Play a show. You don’t suck that bad. Unless you’re playing reggae.
10. Skinny dip in the ocean.
11. Drive the Pacific Coast Highway. You won’t regret it.
12. Get a crazy internship for a summer in a far off place. And even talk to the locals.
13. This is the most important thing on this list: Get a lunchbox at Edna’s bar in Oklahoma City.
14. Learn to play a wicked metal solo. Or any instrument whatsoever.
15. Attend a huge music festival, and dance like a jack ass.
16. Learn a new language. (That way you can always express your disapproval of someone to their face without them knowing what you just said.)
17. Date a model. Who hasn’t wanted bragging rights to this? Buying meals is cheap, too.
18. Save someone’s life. Heroism is the new black, you know.
19. Live in a foreign country. That way, you get to play the immigrant.
20. Eat an apple a day for a whole year, and see if it really does what it’s supposed to.
21. See the Aurora Borealis in Iceland. Maybe a few shows, too.
22. Fight for a cause. Keeping penguins off the endangered species list doesn’t happen on its own.
23. Make an enemy for life. Nothing gets me going better than a worthy adversary.
24. Hug a panda bear!
25. Go to Japan and eat fugu—the dangerous puffer fish that’s so toxic that if it isn’t prepared right, it will kill you.
26. Adopt or mentor a third world child. Everyone needs a fighting chance.
27. Go to Tokyo.
28. Get cheesecake on a stick at the Fun Zone in New Port.
29. See all fifty states.
30. Learn how to cook.
31. Go to London with someone you love.
32. Have/make babies.
33. Go to Vegas and get married to a stranger/hooker.
34. Meet/have sex with David Bowie.
35. Learn how to laugh at yourself.
36. Get in trouble with the fuzz.
37. Buy peanuts from the nuts for nuts vender in Manhattan.
38. Go to Australia.
39. Get an English or French bulldog and name him Sebastian.
40. Get a weave.
41. Sky dive.
43. Finger paint.
44. Love a pet like you would love a child, because animals are awesome (except when they pee in your bed).
45. Become a vegetarian while you are at it.
46. Listen to an album that you listened to when you were twelve… and laugh.
47. Quit smoking. (Seriously.)
48. Ride in a hot air ballooon.
49. Makeout in the rain.
50. Love with all your heart, at least once.
51. Read, and be able to have a semi-intelligible conversation about, “Finnegan’s Wake” by James Joyce.
52. Re-decorate. Numerous times.
53. Go to a honky tonk bar in Nashville, or in any hick town for that matter.
54. Be who you want to be.
55. Tip someone who wouldn’t expect it.
56. Wear a fake mustache in public.. especially if you are a female.
57. Eat tofu.
58. Get a real tattoo.
59. Stop lying to yourself… about anything.
60. Listen to the Mars Volta’s De-Loused in the Comatourium.
61. Read “Middlesex,” and question gender roles.
62. Fly a kite.
63. Write a novel.
64. Introduce yourself to a stranger.
65. Stand on your own two feet.
66. Let someone see how beautiful you really are.
67. Start your own business.
68. Try out for a play.
69. Be sassy.
70. Build a reputation for something. Anything.
71. Call someone out when they are being shady.
72. Read the Bible, and formulate a valid opinion of it.
73. Learn about the other religions in the world.
74. Do yoga.
75. Do a cartwheel.
76. Pay for a professional massage.
77. Visit the desert, and then appreciate your climate.
78. Grow your own garden.
79. Control your bad habbits.
80. Be a better roommate.
81. Watch the entire series of “Arrested Development.”
82. See Radiohead live in concert.
83. Thanks to Paris Hilton, you can now dye your pubic hair…do that.
84. Read “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy.
85. Base jump off a tall building.
86. Build something (i.e. a house, a chair, a couch, a hut, etc.)
87. Engage in any activity that frightens you.
88. Successfully eat (in the one-hour time limit) the 72 oz. steak at The Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo, Texas.
89. Drive from New York, New York, to Los Angeles, California.
90. Figure out who really killed John F. Kennedy, Tupac Shakur, and The Notorious B.I.G.
91. Write a letter to your congressmen.
92. Instead of complaining, do something.
93. Befriend a rat.
94. Have a picnic.
95. Race on foot.. you know you haven’t done this in a long time.
96. Take your pet on a date.
97. Stop using a PC. Buy a Mac.
98. Ask Bill Gates for some money.
99. Write your will.